Inspire Youth Project volunteers are an immensely giving, generous group of individuals who have pledged to open their hearts, their time, and their ears to our children. You can choose to work with the children or assist in the office or with fundraising and special events. There are so many ways to be involved.
WORK WITH THE CHILDREN
Volunteer applicants are required to complete a volunteer application, be interviewed, pass background checks, and attend a one day training.
- Mentor Program: Be matched as a mentor with a child or teen and provide a healthy, confidential, and consistent relationship. Mentors agree to commit a minimum of 2-3 hours a week with the child for a minimum of one year. Mentors must be at least 20 years old. Learn more ►
- Summer Camp: Serve as a counselor, program specialist, or be a part of the volunteer medical team at our yearly summer camp. What a great opportunity to challenge yourself and make new friends. Camp staff must be at least 18 years old. Learn more ►
- Summer Day Camp: Spend a week with our littlest children crafting, playing and exploring our community. Learn more ►
- Magic Circle Support Groups: Assist the facilitator, assist with the logistics, or provide transportation. Groups meet one night a week for five week sessions three times a year. Learn more ►
- Holiday Support: Help set-up, decorate, run activities, prepare food, and share in the fun at the annual holiday party for our children, teens, and parents. Inspire Youth Project also provides Christmas gifts to all our children and we need help sorting, wrapping, and delivering gifts. Learn more ►
HELP RAISE MONEY
Inspire Youth Project’s staff rely on volunteers to help with fundraising events — to send kids to camp, provide mentors, and offer emotional support.
- Big Bail Out: Be a jailee and raise money by phone and/or email to send kids to camp. Dress up in your western wear and volunteer for the event. Learn more►
- Fashion First: Do you love fashion? Volunteers are needed to help set up this amazing event and the night-of guest registration. Volunteer ►
WORK WITH THE STAFF
Our small staff relies on volunteers for assistance with office tasks and special pre- event support. This is a great way to become involved if you are unable to meet the time or age requirements necessary to work directly with the children.
- Office Support: Help out in the office in a variety of ways. Tasks vary and could include mailings, database support, painting camper hearts, organization projects and creating flyers.
- Board of Trustees: Use previous board experience to assist us in oversight of the agency and fundraising.
- Public Education Events and Third Party Fundraisers: Inspire Youth Project staff are periodically asked to attend events to educate the community about the lives and needs of the children we serve. Often these include a fund-raising portion where staff and volunteers help with registration, small auctions, and a variety of other tasks.